Do you work with active travel datasets in Ireland? Join us for a 2-hour online workshop and help contribute to the development of a web app for analysis and visualization of active travel datasets.
The intended audience of the workshop
- local authorities/state bodies who have active travel data collection programs and would like to onboard their data to the web app
- local authorities/state bodies that have use cases or requirements for active travel dataset analysis that they would like to see solved on the Active Travel Counts platform
- campaign groups and individuals with an interest in this field are also welcome
The working itinerary for the workshop
|Active Travel Counts (ATC) introduction||10:00|
|ATC Project Overview (Datasets, Web App etc.)||10:10|
|Dataset Onboarding Round Table||10:30|
|Enhancements to Web App, Data Analysis Use Cases etc. Round Table||11:10|
|Workshop Wrap Up||11:50|
I am particularly interested in working with local authorities/state bodies that have datasets that they would like to onboard onto the Active Travel Counts platform. Also, anyone who is using the existing web app but would like to see it enhanced in some way – any ideas for new features or use cases are welcome.
What happens next?
All proposed enhancements will then be analysed after the workshop and an assessment will be done to determine which items can be implemented in the short term (2-3 months).
Optionally, a second workshop may be scheduled in May to wrap up the engagement and present what has been implemented.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book or if you have any questions.
Some background. The objectives of the Active Travel Counts project are:
- Enable self-service analytics of open data active travel datasets in Ireland via a single web app for anyone who requires it (local authorities, state bodies, campaign groups, members of the public etc.)
- Onboard as many active travel datasets as possible to the web app. This includes cycle and pedestrian counts from cities, greenways, forest trails etc. across Ireland
- Provide dataset analysis on an ongoing basis via blog posts, tweets etc.